I was looking through some shelter magazines earlier, and started thinking about some of my pet peeves in homes. We all have them right? My house has so many tchotchkes, surely it would set off some people's annoyance radar. This is the list of things that I just don't understand why they are done.
- Coffee tables that are so far away from seating that one could never actually use them to rest a glass, much less prop their feet.
- Art that is hung super duper high. One should not have to crane one's neck to look at a painting.
- Speaking of art, when one tiny frame is hung on a huge blank wall. Really, why bother?
- Unusable throws. If the blanket is so perfectly placed behind seven pillows and tucked just so, how will anyone ever use it?
- Bare light bulbs- my eyes!
- Furniture you aren't actually supposed to sit on. Rooms shouldn't need to come with a manual.
- Guest bathrooms/powder rooms with so much decoration that there is no room for a toiletry bag.
- Guest bedrooms without an available outlet for chargers.
- Rooms where all the furniture is lined up against the wall.
- Too many throw pillows (I walk a fine line on this on in my own home). If you have to throw the pillow on the floor to sit in the spot, you probably have too many pillows.
How about you? Any home touches that make you crazy?